The establishment of the IEEE Cyprus GOLD Affinity Group (Graduates Of the Last Decade) (http://cyprus.ieee.org/gold) is intended to serve the needs of graduate students and young engineers of Cyprus in developing professional skills, increase networking activities, and boost their careers. All the activities of this group are performed in volunteer basis within the IEEE general framework.
The group aims at:
- Providing members with networking opportunities, where students, young and senior engineers and academics are in contact
- Acting as a bridge between the student branches and industry and provide student internship opportunities at a local and international level
- Smoothing the transition of young graduates into skilled engineers
- Organize local seminars and other types of presentations given by distinguished lecturers in the field of electrical and electronics engineering or human resources
- Organize events in collaboration with the local industrial community, during which presentations on new technology and industrial applications will be given
- Arrange local field trips to places of interest to the society members
- Support graduate students and young engineers developing new professional and social skills which may boost their career and professional establishment within the local market
- Encourage participation in the international activities within the IEEE GOLD community by promoting collaboration with other GOLD Affinity Groups
- Volunteer to help with the organisation of local conferences or workshops sponsored by IEEE.
Announcements about upcoming activities will be published at regular intervals through this Website (http://cyprus.ieee.org/gold).