The Entrepreneurs Network’s main objectives are the following:
1. Networking between IEEE members and other professionals (non-members working in an IEEE designated field as mentioned above) in Cyprus who are interested in entrepreneurship from which possible cooperation and startups may come up. Monthly meetings will take place in the presence of the Entrepreneurs Network Executive Committee (Chair, Vice Chairperson, Secretary and Program Director) and any other IEEE members or non-members concerned in the Network’s goals and interests.
2. Triggering of entrepreneurship in IEEE designated fields in Cyprus especially within the current financial crisis which increases unemployment. Professionals who by education or experience give evidence of competence in an IEEE designated field (Engineering, Computer Sciences and Information Technology, Physical Sciences, Biological and Medical Sciences, Mathematics, Technical Communications, Education, Management, Law and Policy) will be encouraged to participate in the Entrepreneurs Network and join IEEE.
3. Arrangement of talks by entrepreneurship related experts, such as accountants, lawyers, angels, local SBA representatives, bankers, experts in Business Finance, marketing professionals, insurance experts, and industry leaders.
4. Organization of workshops or days of training in such topics as financing alternatives, protecting intellectual property, selling our business plan, project management and personal leadership style for success. Additional ideas for the workshops are welcome and will be discussed in our meetings.
5. Support of entrepreneurs / future entrepreneurs and help them both to meliorate their business plans and get in touch with angels and investors.
6. Hold face to face year round TechMatch event. TechMatch is a tool that helps member entrepreneurs conduct self-evaluations on their business plans, submit their business plans for review by other experienced entrepreneur members and to visibility by potential investors. As the IEEE Cyprus Entrepreneurs Network we are going to support entrepreneurs who have participated in the TechMatch event by assigning mentors, connecting the entrepreneur with local resources for further help, selecting the best plans in a competition and giving awards or advertising the plans in operating unit publications.
7. The goal of TechMatch is to support entrepreneur members in moving toward success and that is what the Entrepreneurs Network Executive Committee (EN’s EXCOM) will undertake. After the actual TechMatch event is over we will provide ongoing support to entrepreneurs who have expressed interest. This could be in the form of assigned mentors for those entrepreneurs that express interest. The lead of the Review team together with EN’s EXCOM will take the responsibility for any handoff or continuity of support as expressed by the entrepreneur and assure there is direct communication with each entrepreneur according to their needs and expectations for their further development.