Call for Papers: Special Session on LTE Deployment and Research Trends (LTEDRes)
CALL FOR PAPERS
Special Session on LTE Deployment and Research Trends (LTEDRes)
PCI 2013, 19-21 September 2013, Thessaloniki, Greece
We cordially invite you to submit your research work in “LTE Deployment and Research Trends” Special Session which is organized by the Vehicular Technology Society & Aerospace and Electronics System Society (VTS & AESS) Joint Greece Chapter, in conjunction with the “17th Pan-hellenic Conference on Informatics (PCI 2013)”.
This special session aims to: (a) stimulate a discussion on the technical challenges of LTE deployment that will aid operators in achieving their goal of meeting rapidly growing mobile data demand; (b) communicate current research efforts and new results on LTE and LTE-Advanced; (c) provide a framework of interaction between academia, industry and mobile operators towards applied research and cooperation.
In this context, we seek original papers focusing on theoretical, simulation and practical approaches associated with physical, MAC, network and application layer of an LTE based system. On the other hand, unpublished experience and/or results of “live” LTE network performance, lab testing, problems, solutions and proposals are encouraged to be submitted. Finally, invited speakers from mobile operators will present their views on LTE deployment.
Topics of interest cover the following areas (but are not limited to):
– LTE business objectives – planning for profitability
– Telecommunication market, including business models, pricing, innovative growth strategies and regulatory issues
– Evolved Packet Core – Hosted/managed services options
– Scalable backhaul for Next-Generation Networks
– Advanced Radio Access Network solutions
– Scheduling and radio resource management strategies in LTE
– Software defined networking paradigms, architectures, devices, etc.
– LTE protocols and architecture
– LTE security
– m-health and LTE
– Cooperative networking, machine-to-machine communication
– Technology strategies bringing 4G mobility, broadband and cloud together
– Migration approaches and benefits of all-IP
– LTE and Green Networking
– Overlay and peer-to-peer networking and applications
– Antenna (including MIMO) solutions and propagation modeling within LTE
– Services performance in LTE (VoIP, video streaming, real-time video, web-browsing, etc.)
– Interoperability of LTE with other mobile and wireless systems
All accepted papers will be included in the main PCI 2013 Proceedings (published by ACM in the International Conference Proceedings Series). A selection of outstanding papers from the conference will be invited for publication in internationally recognized journals (subject to additional reviewing).
Full Paper Submission: April 10, 2013
Acceptance Notification: May 15, 2013
Camera Ready Paper: May 31, 2013
For more information about the conference, organizing committee, submission instructions, and venue please see the Conference and Special Session
Special Session Chairs
Periklis Chatzimisios <email@example.com>
Dimitrios Efstathiou <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Athanassios Iossifides <email@example.com>
George Papadopoulos <firstname.lastname@example.org>